At first glance, content management seems like a simple task. After all, how hard is it to manage, edit, publish, or update content? But as the amount of content that needs to be uploaded, edited updated increases, so does the complexity.
Imagine managing thousands of words of content with no tools.
The results will be a nightmare.
This is where CMS helps. CMS is like a content manager for all the content distribution tasks. Best of all, to know CMS, no programming knowledge is needed.
What is CMS?
CMS, aka Content Management System, is software that makes content management easy.
But how? Let’s understand with an example. Suppose your company publishes 100 blogs each month. But at the end of the year, your company updates blogs in high demand.
Without the CMS, developers will play a key role since coding is the only way to upload content on-site. However, this is costly and time-consuming, as developers often need help understanding the proper presentation.
These are the times when CMS is a lifesaver. CMS does not need knowledge of coding for editing or publishing content. Instead, it’s software that even beginners can use. Prominent CMS features include an intuitive dashboard, easy administration, authoring, built-in SEO tools, multi-language support, high security, and multichannel publishing in one click.
Currently, there are four different CMS. Each CMS type has a distinct role, so make an informed choice per your business needs.
- Web Content Management System (WCMS): WCMS helps maintain, change, or reassemble the content on a webpage.
- Digital Asset Management System (DAM): DAM is a centralized organization system to manage media assets like pictures, videos, etc.
- Enterprise Content Management System (ECM): ECM system helps manage enterprise information over the entire lifecycle to improve productivity and customer service.
- Component Content Management System (CCMS): CCMS system allows content management on a granular level. For example, the number of words, paragraphs, as opposed to the entire document.
Top CMS Platforms in 2023
WordPress is used by 63.3% of all websites, making it the leader of the CMS. WordPress was launched as a blogging platform but later extended into CMS. Thanks to its open-source nature, anyone can use it to edit and publish content on blogs. One of the highlighting features of WordPress is its ease of use. It is equipped with a vast ecosystem of pre-made plugins and themes that enables even beginners to create a WordPress website and get started with publishing quickly.
Here’s What You Get with WordPress
- Easy to customize without technical know-how.
- Best in-built SEO tools and plugins like Yoast SEO.
- Massive ecosystem of both free and paid plugins and themes.
- Easily integrates with other tools and software through plugins and APIs.
TYPO3 CMS is an open-source CMS platform for enterprise web applications. With its infrastructure, it prioritizes security while offering features for different industries and organizations. There is one thing you can count on. Because it's scalable, it grows as your organization does.
Although TYPO3 is user-friendly, it's best for teams with technical resources. TYPO3 Is built to handle massive volumes of content and digital assets. It also has outstanding workflow support to help marketers with daily tasks like content planning, modeling, asset management, SEO, etc. Brands using TYPO3 are Pearson.
Here’s What You Get with TYPO3
- TYPO3’s intuitive multi-site features support campaigning. It also supports massive international web projects with multilingual content structures.
- 6,000 extensions available in TYPO3 Repository
Drupal is an open-source CMS software geared toward development. Since it's designed for devs, it requires the knowledge of HTML, CSS, and PHP to take full advantage of the feature. There are over 46,000 modules present in the Drupal directory, along with a thousand free themes that can be used to build the site. Drupal’s collection falls slightly short of WordPress. However, according to a report, unlike WordPress, Drupal has the least number of security incidents. Brands that use Drupal as their CMS include UNICEF and Pinterest.
From the past 18+ years, Kentico CS has powered over 35000+ sites. The CMS boasts hybrid headless architecture that helps build faster and more flexible sites, allowing you to start small and build as you evolve. In addition, it will automate all manual tasks using triggers based on intelligent automation features.
Here’s what you get with Kentico:
- Kentico has an advanced GDPR management system with features like the Right to be forgotten, Rights to Access, and extensive documentation to support site administrators. This way, companies don’t have to worry about legal actions.
- Kentico’s lead scoring system handles all your leads without needing many third-party apps.
- Its A/B testing features are unmatched and can help you test multiple page changes effortlessly.
Adobe Experience Manager is a powerhouse for content and digital asset management. And why not? After all, it comes from creators of stellar products like Photoshop and Illustrator that won millions of hearts. Multiple front-end frameworks and a headless (front and back end separated) API-first architecture enable AEM to deliver powerful experiences across the web, mobile, and other channels. In addition, Adobe Learning Manager is included in the package to help you use AEM to its full potential and explode sales.
Here’s what you get with AEM:
- Streamline content and asset management like a pro from documents, images, videos, PDFs, online forms, and more.
- Personalization options help maintain consistency in each part of the user journey.
Automation is at the core of AEM, as you can automate the entire content management workflow, be it publishing, tracking conversions, managing customer relationships, etc.
Build Custom CMS With Clarion Technologies
What if no CMS out there fits your needs? Yes, it might happen that no CMS would fulfill your unique business requirements, and that’s extremely common. In such cases, custom CMS is a lifesaver.
Here is where you can lean on the team of expert CMS developers at Clarion Technologies, ready to help you build custom CMS that supports your business needs at a lightning-fast pace to enjoy an efficient and hassle-free content management platform that works for your business.